Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jane. "Nirvana" Palette Review & Tutorial

As promised, I have a product review and a tutorial up! First, the product review. I picked up the Jane. "Nirvana" Deluxe Eye Mixer palette last week and I've been playing around with the colors. So here's what I think:
It's a good palette for what you pay for. It costs $5.95 and comes with 8 shades. My only issue with it is that the two colors (Hazelnut, Me), do not show up on my skin. Otherwise, the pigmentation is pretty good for a drugstore brand. I don't find too many drugstore brands with good pigmentation (except L'oreal HIP), and for $6?! WOW! 4/5 Here's the link to my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQw3-sFOpbk. On to the tutorial!



Using the Nirvana palette, I came up with this Smokey combo. It's not too dramatic, so I think it's also wearable during the day. It's all about making it work for you =)

What I used:

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil "Black Bean"
NYX Jumbo Pencil "Milk"
"Purple Heart" from Nirvana palette
"Browny points" from Nirvana palette
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Purple
L'oreal HIP "Roaring" Duo (brown e/s)
Highlight color from Clinique "Black Icicle" duo
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil

Face:

Revlon Colorstay Foundation "Toast"
MAC "Intenso" Mineralize blush
Coastal Scents Contour & Blush palette

Lips:

MUFE Camouflage Concealer
ELF "Nicely Nude" Lipstick
CS "Oasis" Lip Smack

1 comment:

  1. i loved the tutorial :) if i wasn't on my self-proclaimed makeup ban, i'd so go to walgreens and pick up that palette to try this look out! :(

    but yeahhh, goodjob :) you're so prettyy !

    ReplyDelete