Friday, October 29, 2010

RAW: Natural Born Artists + FOTN

Hello everyone! Here's a meaty blog post for you. Last night I went to the RAW: Natural Born Artists Art/Fashion show and I've got quite a few pictures to show you. It was the first art/fashion show that I've been to so it was really new to me. My friend invited me because she knew I was into makeup and her cousin was the makeup artist featured at the show. Here's a link to their website if you want to learn more about RAW: http://www.rawartists.org/
The runway was actually over the pool. Oh chic!

The show featured different artists whether their specialty was makeup/hair, fashion, photography, or even jewelry. It was really small so we were able to actually look at all the exhibits. Of course, I only took picture of the makeup exhibit, which were all done by friends' cousin, Keifla.




Keifla with my friends and his monster pin-ups. Amazing work!

I was at awe looking at all the face charts at the show. If you look closely at the picture above, the monster pin-up in green was actually "unzipped." She explained how fast he actually worked on her and it honestly looked like it could have taken a good hour or more. The scarred skin looked so real in person. So inspirational!


Two of the models strutting their stuff.

The fashion show was interesting, but also short. I think another designer was supposed to show their work but they couldn't make it, so we only saw one collection. I cannot remember the name of the designer (but I'm sure you can find it on their website), but I LOVED that most of the models wore legwarmers! I seriously love legwarmers and anyone who says they're not cute and out of style are so wrong. Go to Japan and you'll see that people still rock them, and yes they are cute.

So that ends my night at the RAW art/fashion show. My friends and I were starving so we headed to happy hour before heading home. Sometimes it's fun to get all glammed up for a night out =) Here's the FOTN:

Eyebrows: Purple e/s from CS 78 Palette Version 1

Eyes:
UDPP in Eden
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha (base)
MAC "Club" e/s (lid)
Bee Luscious Dark brown e/s (darken)
MAC "Saddle" e/s (crease)
Clinique Black Icicle Duo (highlight)
Ardell Wispies

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in True Beige and Toast
MUFE No. 4 Camouflage Palette
CS Contour & Blush Palette
MAC "Azalea Blossom" Blush Ombre
MAC Invisible setting powder

Lips:
Beautique "Dusty Rose" lipliner
NYX "Milan" lipstick
NARS "Pillow Talk" lipgloss



No comments:

Post a Comment